29.3.12

London's First Birthday Party!

I thought about just posting to facebook "Yea!  London is one today!" But my husband, Jesse and London's Godmother, Sarah wouldn't hear of it.  London was going to have a party!
The invitation
So we made beautiful cupcakes.  And found out that we could create that perfect blue we never dreamed food coloring could achieve.  However, it will temporarily stain your tongue, and your teeth, and your face if you tend to be an excited eater.

I got all party crazy and had to make my own copy of this sign.  When we lived in England these were train stops on our way into London.  Jesse would also have me mention that his home made soft pretzels were the most popular appetizer.
Our tiny house became too loud to hear it as the party evolved, but Jesse created an awesome soundtrack of British songs we played over and over the year this baby was made. 
The memo got lost that I needed a baby pic of her stuffing the cupcake in her face. As it ended up, after one bite, she made a face and crawled away.  Anti-climatic. 
We were surprised when everyone showed up with presents for London!   (I have to admit here that I have never been to a 1-year-old birthday party myself)  But she was quite pleased, and has been in toy heaven all week.
We invited over people we knew who had children within a year of her birthday so that maybe one day she can point to the pics and say, "See, we have been friends since we were 1!"  Thank you all for coming!
Of course, her grandparents were there too and even her uncle Chad showed up.  Sarah is not pictured either, but she did so much to make the party happen.  Thanks Sarah!

No comments:

Post a Comment